I believe music has the power to inspire all of us, and creating music brings joy and connectedness to others and the world around us. I also believe that in teaching piano lessons, I am not only teaching music, but teaching self-confidence, the power of delayed gratification, and the ability to accomplish large goals by breaking them down into smaller, manageable pieces. My aim is to help students discover the joy of expressive music making, all while having fun at the piano and accomplishing songs that were once difficult.
- I am an active performer, music director, and accompanist in Denver and make my living as a musician (this is my life, not a part time job or hobby!).
- I respect your musical choices, desires and goals rather than giving you songs that I think you should learn.
- I am actively engaged in your lesson, always looking for ways to refine, challenge and bring new ideas to your music making— you have my full attention when you’re at my studio!
- I spend time preparing before each lesson to ensure progress toward your goals.
- I can show you how to produce maximum results with less practice time using a few simple ideas.
Tuition covers not only the actual lesson time spent with the student, but time preparing for each student as well.
-An individualized plan for each student’s course of study
-Music materials for students (books, sheet music)
-Training and experience
-Recital Preparation and repertoire planning
-Professional organization memberships
Payment Schedule and Studio Policy:
Payment is due by the 25th of the month, for month in advance (ex. payment due August 25th for September lessons).
Circumstances may arise in which a lesson reschedule will be necessary.
1) Please give at least 24hrs notice if you cannot make a lesson.
There are no make-up lessons or reimbursements offered for lessons not cancelled within 24hrs.
2) For lessons that need to be rescheduled (sickness, vacation, etc), first options will include Saturday times as listed on the calendar. Please use “Doodle” link sent via email to schedule make-up lessons.
3) Lessons that are cancelled by the teacher will be either rescheduled at a mutually agreeable date, or reimbursement will be given as a credit toward next month’s bill.
4) In order to retain their place in the fall, students must continue lessons through the summer. Lessons are scheduled on Mondays and Tuesdays with available times from early morning to late afternoon. To accommodate ever-changing summer schedules, summer lessons may be cancelled or rescheduled with 48 hours notice. Make-up or alternate times will be available through my “doodle” calendar.